This Thyme, Mustard and Apple Cider Dressing is one of my favourite salad dressings, it’s so delicious! What’s best about this recipe is that all of the ingredients go into the blender and are blended up for a minute. It makes it a very quick recipe, the most time consuming part is getting the ingredients together. I will often make this most weeks and keep it in a jar in the fridge. I can then pull together a tasty salad very quickly, even if it’s just some simple ingredients like cos lettuce, avocado and toasted walnuts. Drizzle with this dressing and you have a delicious salad. This dressing would also be perfect on my Beetroot, Apple and Feta Salad. Leave out the olive oil and white wine vinegar and replace with a few tablespoons of this dressing instead.
Make sure you use olive oil for this recipe, don’t use sunflower oil or rapeseed oil, these are very refined oils and not good for you at all. You can read more about this here.
Thyme, Mustard & Apple Cider Dressing
- November 27, 2021
- 1 Jar
- 5 min
- Print this
- 3 medjool dates (pitted) approx. 50g
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs baby capers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp djion mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1
- Add the pitted medjool dates to small bowl and top with the boiling hot water, set aside to soften up.
- Step 2
- While the dates are softening add all of the other ingredients to your blender, this includes the dried thyme, baby capers, garlic, sea salt, djion mustard, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Step 3
- Add the softened dates and water to the blender. Blend for 1 minute until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Step 4
- Pour into a clean jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, although trust me it won’t last that long!